The GTDAA Mission
Our Mission is to raise awareness of depression through advocacy and education while providing a variety of resources for those impacted by the disease within the home, workplace and community.
Depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects nearly one in 10 adults, nearly twice as many women as men, and about one in five teens according to a 2010 study by U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Feeling sad, empty, hopeless, or numb
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue, insomnia or oversleeping
- Irritability or anxiety causing one to be short-tempered
- Trouble making decisions or thinking clearly
- Feeling guilty or worthless
- Thoughts of death and suicide
GTDAA’s focus is to bring awareness and end the “stigma” of mental health issues.
The GTDAA is a 501(c)(3) public charity working to raise awareness of depression and to help remove the “stigma” associated with mental health issues. An estimated 1 in 4 adults and 1 in 5 youth experience depression, a serious medical illness that affects one’s thoughts, feelings, behavior and physical health.
Are you feeling depressed or suspect a loved one is depressed?
Take a few minutes to complete an anonymous self-assessment.